[TYPO3-english] TCAdefaults and TCEFORM... disabled=1

Krystian Szymukowicz t33k.RE.MO.VE at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Fri Nov 21 12:42:51 CET 2008

hello

I'am trying to set the default value of field in extension for a branch
of tree.

I use PageTS:

TCAdefaults.tx_cal_category.parent_category = 14

and it works well. It shows category tree and the category with uid 14
is selected. Great!

But I'd like to have the default value saved but the category tree
should not be rendered at all. Why to show the tree if I do not like it
to be edited by user.

So I do:
TCEFORM.tx_cal_category.parent_category.disabled = 1

Unfortunately if "TCEFORM.[...].disabled = 1" is set then TCAdefaults
does not work.

Is this possible to set defaults and at the same time not to reender forms?

Thanks.

--
greetings
Krystian Szymukowicz