[TYPO3-english] levelfield with abstract?

Katja Lampela katja.lampela at lieska.net
Thu Nov 20 11:57:35 CET 2008

Hi all (I hope I'm not double posting, connection problems with the
first one),

I'm trying to achieve a menu with a nice header of which I think I can't
achieve as a HMENU object so I'm trying to build it with a COA (please
let me know if this is not necessary).

The "Header" consists of a dynamic background image fetched from the
mediafield, title from the title field and abstract from the abstract
field. And this is on top of all the subpages (HMENU).

My menu construction is:

"Header" (this is a separate marker in html template)
"Menu" (entry level 1 +the submenus)

The "Menu"-part (HMENU object) is clear to me.

And all the other parts in the "Header" work but the abstract.

Here is my code for the "Header" COA

   subparts.Header = COA
   subparts.Header {
   #dynamic background image
   10 = HTML
   10.value = <div class="boksi"
style="margin-top:25px;margin-left:20px; background-image:url(
   11 = IMG_RESOURCE
   11 {
   file = fileadmin/template/im/box.gif
   file.import.data = levelmedia: -1, "slide"
   file.import = fileadmin/template/im/
   file.import.listNum = 0
   file.import.override.field = media
   }
   12 = HTML
   12.value = );">
   20 = TEXT
   20.data = leveltitle:1
   20.wrap = <div class="box-title">|</div>
   30 = TEXT
   30.data = levelfield:1, abstract, "slide"
   30.wrap = <div class="box-teaser">|</div>
   40 = HTML
   40.VALUE = </div>
   }

I would like to fetch and output the abstract field of the main page
like I've fetched and output the title of that same page. What am I
missing here?

BTW this fetches the abstract but only of the current page, not the one
in the upper level I want:
  30 = TEXT
  30.field = abstract
  30.wrap = <div class="box-teaser">|</div>

So I kind of need "levelabstract", but there seems to be no such thing ;)

Any help very much appreciated.

- Katja