[TYPO3-english] RealURL language switch problem

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Wed Nov 19 19:38:29 CET 2008

> And one more thing I've already noticed: there is
> 'tx_realurl_pathsegment' field in 'pages_language_overlay' table in
> DB, but, when I'm editing alternative page language record, I cann't
> see "RealURL Path Segment" field in both TYPO3 4.2.1 and 4.2.3. When
> editing default page record, it's presented there.
> Maybe I have some wrong TYPO3 configuration?

The question still remains...
Is it only my problem, that I cann't see "Speaking URL path segment:"
at alternative page languge records?

And one more thing with this strange multi-language behaviour:
at the end of a day at one of the sites all links are now normal in
both language versions, except one page - "Homepage" at english
version ("Startseite" at german). It still has this problem.
Web -> Info -> Speaking URL Mangement of this page shows some
interesting thing: there are 3 Pagepaths: 'startseite' for lang '0',
'homepage' for lang '1' and 'startseite' (with grey color and italics
text style) for lang '1' and the last entry has such in "Expires:"
column: 22-11-08 00:00 (2 days).
The rest of pages has only 2 pagepaths.
So, as I understand these wrong pagepaths are somehow temporary
generated?

At second web I have another situation: english links also generating
correctly, but link to current page still has german "pagetitle".
F.e. I have such in menu: mysite.com/en/contact.html, but when I'm on
this page, I see: mysite.com/en/kontakt.html at the same menu and at
the language menu too.
Web -> Info -> Speaking URL Mangement shows same german "Pagepath" for
every language.

Hope, this information will be useful.
And thank you in advance :)