[TYPO3-english] TYPO3.ORG hacked

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Nov 15 16:26:04 CET 2008

Hi!

> Daniel Pšötzinger wrote:
>> I just remeber the reoccuring discussions in the dev list where people
>> didnt like the nonhashed passwords in the fe_user table :-)
>
> If I understand correctly, it exists to allow "remind password"
> function. Though generating a new password will be an option too.

Certainly but to be honest, I don't like websites who send me my actual
password as reminder, I highly prefer to get a new one as it implies
that they did not store it in clear text. This is quite dumb but I'm
more confident to have "personal" data there.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en