[TYPO3-english] TYPO3.ORG hacked

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Fri Nov 14 17:45:49 CET 2008

Hi Luc

Luc Muller wrote:
> I guess, we all are web professionnnal, thus means, we should all have
> something like 100+ different IDs.
>
> so I'll ask who, here us a unique password per website ?

Yes, I have! It's easy! Just sit down and think out a system for your new passwords - e.g.

1st/2nd chars "ao"
3rd char: first char of ccTLD/gTLD
4th-6th: §k%
7th: first char of domain name
8th: last char of domain name

So for typo3.org your password would be:
aoo$k%t3

Write it on a post it and put it on your LCD  - after a few days you know your system.

Of course, if anybody knows several of your passwords, he/she might find out your system - but IMHO this is a) quite difficult and b) not worse than always having the same one..

Steffen