[TYPO3-english] TYPO3.ORG hacked

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 17:10:05 CET 2008

Hi Daniel!

Daniel Pšötzinger wrote:
> Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
>> Was there a real need to post such things right now, when people are
>> working hard to recover from the issue?
>>
> I see also no reason to hide the fact how noisome the handling with
> personal data was on typo3.org. I am really disappointed!

Did I say the issue should be hidden? No, I did not. Please, read
again what I said with a cool head :)

No one hides it, everyone has got detailed, clear and truthful
e-mail about this situation. Obviously security team will not reveal
what they are doing right now because they are not finished yet. If
you have an idea about handling security incidents, you should
understand why they do not reveal every tiny detail to the public at
the moment. They do the right thing. They handle it professionally!

There should be no panic or shouting. Be clever, stay calm and wait
till responsible people will tell you what to do next. Shouting and
disappointment never helps in such cases.

> Also all need to recover.. - since our data was not secured sufficent!

Not only yours, mine too. But I am not panicking or shouting. What
can we do right now? Nothing. So keep calm and wait. This is the
best you can do now, believe me :) Disrupting security team work
with shouts and accusations will not help at all.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team