[TYPO3-english] RSS feed not populating

CSSophile michael.bruns at newvillagemedia.com
Wed Nov 12 18:09:06 CET 2008

Hi,

Im still pretty much a TYPO3 noob, but know enough to usually make something
work if I follow the instructions in the manual. In this case, even with
instructions and a tutorial, I am at a loss.

I am trying to set up multiple RSS Feeds with tt_news that are category
based. I have multiple instances of tt_news throughout the website that are
associated with different categories and therefore need RSS feeds for each
of the categories, similar to how Wired.com has different feeds for
different things.

My issue is that after setting up a page with a tt_news plugin with the
category I want and setting up my contants and typoscript, the page if
viewed through the browser as a normal page lists the articles fine and an
RSS page of type 100 is created, however that RSS page doesn't have any news
articles listed and I have no idea why.

I have tried search both here and on the net and tried using various other
extension to generate an RSS feed to no avail.

Any help would be appreciated.

My tt_news plugin is configured as follows:

General Settings:
Display: LIST
Order By: Date/Time
Ascending/Descending: Ascending
Category: My Category
Use Subcategories: Defined by TypoScript
Archive List: Don't Care
Startingpoint: News Article (sysfolder)

Other Settings:
PageID for single news display: Set to the page that has the tt_news plugin
configured for SINGLE display
PageID to return to: Set to this page with the plugin for the RSS LIST

This code appears in my Constants area:

### Configure tt_news to display the xml template
### Page that contains the News List
xmlnewsfeed_id = 357

### RSS Setup
plugin.tt_news  {
   displayXML {
       rss2_tmplFile = EXT:tt_news/res/rss_2.tmpl
       xmlFormat = rss2

       xmlTitle = My Site Name
       xmplLink = http://www.mysiteurl.com
       xmlDesc = RSS Feed
       xmlLang = en
       xmlIcon = fileadmin/rss_icon.gif

       title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
       title_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
       subheader_stdWrap.stripHtml = 1
       subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars = 1
       subheader_stdWrap.htmlSpecialChars.preserveEntities = 1
       subheader_stdWrap.crop = 500| ... | 1
       subheader_stdWrap.ifEmpty.field = bodytext
       xmlLastBuildDate = 1
  }
}

This code appears in my Setup area:

# ------------- RSS News Plugin ------------------------------
### Header
page.headerData.500 = TEXT
page.headerData.500.value = <link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml"
title="RSS-Feed"
href="http://www.mysiteurl.com/index.php?id={$xmlnewsfeed_id}&type=100" />

# ------------- This enables the xml news feed ---------------------
plugin.tt_news {
   xmlnews = PAGE
   xmlnews {
     typeNum = 100
     20 >
     20 < plugin.tt_news
     20.pid_list >
     20.pid_list = {$xmlnews.pid_list}
     20.singlePid = {$xmlnews.singlePid}
     20.defaultCode = XML
     config {
       disableAllHeaderCode = 1
       additionalHeaders = Content-type:text/xml
       no_cache = 1
       xhtml_cleaning = 0
     }
   }