[TYPO3-english] Riedirects in RealURL when changing the name of a section

Ron Hall ronslists at busynoggin.com
Wed Nov 12 15:46:55 CET 2008

I have a site where I want to change a name of a section. Say I have a
page tree like this:

Section 1
Section 2
    Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
Section 3
Section 4

I want to change the name of "Section 2" to "My New Section 2"

Of course, the url for all the pages in that section will change. For
example,

mydomain.com/section-2/page-1/

will change to

mydomain.com/my-new-section-2/page-1/

Is there a way to set up code to handle redirects for all pages in the
section so that Google gets a proper permanent redirect or do I have
to set up redirects for each page? Having to do for each page could be
daunting or prone to error on a section with many pages or news pages.

Thanks,
Ron Hall