[TYPO3-english] Help for adding a new field and marker to tt_news

Morten Kjems mortenkjems at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 13:52:40 CET 2008

Hi.

I have been working with typo3 for quite some time but I have never
created a new extension. Now I need to and I think this little project
is a great place to start. So hopefully I will get a little help here.

The project:

I need to be able to add embedded videos from the site revver.com to
tt_news.

Every video have a "media ID" that is unique

and an embed code that is general.

The project is to create a field for for the media ID and then wrap the
unique media ID with the general embed code.

Here is the code:

<script
src="http://flash.revver.com/player/1.0/player.js?mediaId:801431;affiliate:123479;width:480;height:392"
type="text/javascript"></script>

So the user would enter the media ID: 801431

And the the typoscript setup will wrap the field/marker like this:

<script src="http://...|...javascript"></script>

And a new marker will place the video in the template.

So far I have installed the extension kickstarter and created an
extension that extends the tt_news table with new field in the database
for the media ID. It also creates the static typoscript code but nothing
is filled in yet.

You can see a screendump from the kickstarter here.
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/2959/kickstarterdq1.gif

1. My first question is simply if I have done things correct so far?

2. The second question is what to do next?

The manual refers to the file example_itemMarkerArrayFunc.php. But how
do I edit this code for my needs and where do I put it? Should I modify
tt_news or do I put this code in my new extension? And where?

Please help me with this next step.

All suggestions are most welcome

Thanks
Morten