[TYPO3-english] cooluri - problems with umlauts by manual updating

lee perry leeperry at slack.de
Wed Nov 12 12:44:45 CET 2008

hi there,

when I update a chached link manually in the backend the new (readable)
linkpart will be cropped at the position of an umlaut.

could it be a problem of the charset, that's choosen for the project -
it's ISO-8859-1 and not UTF-8 and unfortunately also in the database?

the whole page is only in german, maybe this was the reason, why the
project isn't configured in UTF-8 (I didn't configured it).
so, is UTF-8 a prerequisite for TYPO3 4.2 and CoolURI?

thanx and best regards,
Lee