[TYPO3-english] modifying formatting of content records in normal column on load

Jonas Kaiser jk431 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 12 11:07:28 CET 2008

Dear list,
I am wondering whether there is a simple way (and I would like to avoid a
news system like tt_news ...) to adjust the way that content records from
the normal column are rendered when placed into the body.
Currently I am getting them with
## TS code
subparts.content-primary < styles.content.get
## TS code end
which wraps the header for the article into a h1 class="..." tag and the
text into a p class="bodytext".
What I would like is to also load the created or last edited date, place it
between the header and the text and put some span class="article-date"
around it. to format it from the style sheet.
I guess I have to tweak my TS?

If there is a solution, is it easy to extend it to the other columns in the
database (though probably with different formatting)?

cheers
Jonas