[TYPO3-english] ttnews_feeder - charset

Mark Kuiphuis spam at markyourweb.com
Wed Nov 12 05:34:30 CET 2008

The best solution is to use utf-8....

This can be achieved in Typo3 by checking the following steps:

1 - MySQL Database
2 - Connection with the database
3 - Backend in UTF-8
4 - Frontend in UTF-8

Ad 1.
This can be checked with phpMyAdmin or any other tool that provides
direct access to MySQL and look at the collation of the tables.

Ad 2.
If the connection to the database isn't utf-8 by default (older versions
will use Latin1, can be checked with phpMyAdmin as well), then you can
add the following lines to the property setDBInit in the Install Tool of
Typo3.

// Begin UTF-8
SET CHARACTER SET utf8;
SET NAMES utf8;