[TYPO3-english] How to insert link to external flash banner , in TYPO3

Tapio Markula tapio.markula at xetpoint.fi
Tue Nov 11 10:30:01 CET 2008

Henrik Bjørn
> Hi
> I'm not too experienced in Typo3, hope some one can help in this issue.
>
> I'm a volounteer for a sports club, and keeping the  website alive in Typo3.
>
> We are  now supposed to insert a flash banner, created by the national
> association, and showing their  flash banner/movie (.swf file).

try tinymce_rte with the RTE plugin 'media' can handle objects inside
RTE content. Newer tested with setting external url.

Current version of tinymce_rte has not been preconfigured supporting
flash through RTE. Needs to add following configurations:

TS config for Pages:

# redefine buttons like this or add new button to some row - needs to
add plugin 'media' to the plugin list and somewhere the button 'media'
RTE.default.init {
plugins =
media,style,table,advimage,advlink,inlinepopups,searchreplace,contextmenu,paste,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,typo3filemanager,template
theme_advanced_buttons1 =
undo,redo,|,bold,italic,underline,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,|,cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,link,unlink,image,|,attribs,anchor,|,template
theme_advanced_buttons2 =tablecontrols
theme_advanced_buttons3 =
styleselect,|,formatselect,|,code,,sub,sup,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,|,nonbreaking,blockquote,|,media
theme_advanced_buttons4 =
}

RTE.default.proc {
allowTags (
		a, abbr, acronym, address, blockquote, b, br, caption, cite, code,
div, em,
		h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, img, li, link, ol, p, pre, q,
		span, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, th, tr, tt, ul,
object,embed,param
	)
}

TS template:

lib.parseFunc_RTE {
     # COPY ALLOW TAGS FROM PAGETS (WITHOUT b)
     allowTags (
         a, abbr, acronym, address, blockquote, br, caption, cite, code,
div, em, embed
         h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, h6, hr, i, img, li, link, object, ol, p,
param, pre, q,
         span, strong, sub, sup, table, tbody, td, th, tr, tt, ul,
object,embed,param
     )
}

Preview doesn't currently work but will be fixed in the version 0.1.5