[TYPO3-english] How does mnogoSearch determine page title when displaying results?

Nathan Lenz typo3 at k9tfk.com
Mon Nov 10 17:59:18 CET 2008

Hello,
I have the latest version of Mnogosearch, the php extension and the
Typo3 extension installed and working correctly.  It is working
beautifully, except for page titles.  Here is an example.

In Typo3, a set of pages is setup like:

* Special Article Title (shortcut to first subpage)
   * Page 1
   * Page 2
   * Page 3

The URLS would show up as:

http://example.com/path/special-article-title/ (or below, depending)
http://example.com/path/special-article-title/page-1/
http://example.com/path/special-article-title/page-2/
http://example.com/path/special-article-title/page-3/

The title tag in the HTML are setup to show:

"Site Name - Special Article Title - page 1"
"Site Name - Special Article Title - page 2"
"Site Name - Special Article Title - page 3"

This is setup so that I can use one of the page navigation extensions to
add "Page 1 of 2 next >>" style navigation.

The problem with Mnogosearch is that the results when searching for
"special article" are titled "Page 1" and "Page 2" in the results, which
isn't very user friendly.

Do you know if there is a way to change how the mnogosearch either
records or displays page titles in the search results?  I couldn't find
anything in the documentation for mnogo or the typo3 extension.

Thanks,
--Nathan