[TYPO3-english] Multi-language / country related question

David Vandemaele vd2m at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 7 08:36:16 CET 2008

Katja Lampela schreef:
> Hi David,
> I'm no professional on this, but just a thought: if you would use the
> one tree approach
> (http://typo3.org/documentation/tips-tricks/multi-language-sites-in-typo3/)
> and you would use translations of pages and other records - I guess
> there can be also pages with only one language which wouldn't be the
> default language. This way you could share if needed and still make
> individuality in different languages.
>
> I suppose the problem would be how to show not-translated shared content
> and simultaneously not to show not-wanted not-translated content. If it
> is not in the system already, I'm sure an extension could do the trick.

Ye, that will be the problem. Every page is translated, but for a
national, the same page can be different from the translated
international page. For example, the contact page on the international
site will be translated in Spanish, Russian, Italian, etc...., but the
nationals (with the same Language ID) will have a different contact page
instead of the translated one. And at this moment, I can't find a
solution for this.
That's also the reason why I thought of the multiple tree method, but
with references to the shared content in the one tree method.

Looking further. And thx for your reply.

David V.