[TYPO3-english] TYPO3 directory permissions

Victor Livakovsky v-tyok at mail.ru
Thu Nov 6 17:06:04 CET 2008

Hello Dmitry,

> Not TYPO. It is TYPO3. TYPO is at http://typosphere.org/.
Sorry. Didn't know anything about TYPO...
From now will always name TYPO3 as it should be named :)

> This article can help you:
> http://typo3bloke.net/post-details/migrating_typo3_installation_to_a_different_server/
Not exactly, what I need. Site wasn't migrated from another server. It
was created here. That's why all files has same group [aiwband] with
gid 1771. Files, created by ftp-user has owner id 1771. Files, created
by TYPO3 has owner id 80.

I tried such code:
<?php
        print_r(posix_getpwuid(80));
        print_r(posix_getpwuid(1771));
?>
And I've seen, that user 80 belongs to group 80. And user 1771 belongs
to group 1771.
So TYPO3 acts like user 80 (as server administrator said, user, that
writes files with http-protocol), that's why it cann't write any data
to files, that has no public permissions for writing (777). But this
makes these files avaliable for everyone, which is dangerous.
That's why I ask: should I insist server administrator to change group
of http-user (make it same as ftp-user) or there is another way of
solving this?