[TYPO3-english] typoscript to manipulate dates

Aleksandar Dulovic adulovic at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 08:49:37 CET 2008

Hi list,
Once again, I am having trouble finding examples of typoscript which
could help me resolve the following date-related problems.

problem 1.
Due to daylight saving time in the US, the date on my site is off by
one hour. I was using the following TS:
     temp.Fecha = TEXT
     temp.Fecha.data = date:U
     temp.Fecha.strftime = %A %d de %B %Y | %H:%M
I would like to increase the value of temp.fecha.data by 3600 before
it is formatted using strftime.
Unfortunately I am unable to do even this this simple math with my
horrible TS skills.

problem 2.
using tt_news to show a list of articles, I have the following TS:
     plugin.tt_news.displayLatest.date_stdWrap.strftime = %a, %e-%b %Y
     plugin.tt_news.displayLatest.time_stdWrap.strftime = %H:%M
I would like to substitute the date_stdWrap with the word "today" if
the date is equal to today's date.
I'm guessing this would require some serious calculations done with
the datetime field from the tt_news table as it is a timestamp.

Cheers
Aleksandar Dulović