[TYPO3-english] Return to 'previous page'

Tomas Mrozek mail at cascaval.com
Mon Nov 3 12:21:03 CET 2008

To return to the previous page the TYPO3 needs to know the UID of that
page for which it has to store it somewhere. I think that there are
basically 2 options:

1. Pass it as a part of URL - looks bad but probably could be done with
TS only.

2. Store it as a cookie - you will need to do it with PHP. You don't
need an extension. Creating one file with a class + method and including
it in the TS will be enough. Then you can call the method in the TypoScript.

Using JavaScript's "history.go(-1)" is not that good, in my opinion, as
you won't be able to get additional data of the page (e.g. page title as
the text for the link) and the link will be useless if the user comes
from a different website, nevermind the question "Why duplicate
functions of browser's buttons?"

Tomas Mrozek