[TYPO3-english] sr_feuser_register: Uploading images into distinct fields

Bernard Munslow bernard.munslow at iws.es
Mon Nov 3 10:01:56 CET 2008

Dear list,

I'm facing a problem with the Frontend User Registration extension that
is driving me crazy. If someone could give me a helping hand I'd
appreciate it tremendously.

The facts are quite simple:  I need two different fields within the
Registration form in order to allow the user to upload 2 different
images.  So far so good, since /sr_feuser_register/ allows you to select
the number of files you want to upload.

The drawback is that I need to save the second image in a different
field, whereas the extension uploads all images in the the standard
'/image/' field available in /fe_users.

/What I've done is create another marker for the field:
###UPLOAD_tx_extension_field2### and modify the file
class.tx_srfeuserregister_marker.php in order for it to recognize the
marker.  This successfully builds an uploader in the registration form,
but it fails to show the preview of it and, of course, does not upload
the actual image.

Any ideas?

Thank you guys for your help!

.- Bernard