[TYPO3] pagetitle and tt_news

Dieter Jansen dieterjanssennn at gmail.com
Sat May 31 20:42:18 CEST 2008

Hi Francois,

Thanks for your reaction, and I allready read the linked article.
But if I put this, like you suggested :

lib.desc = COA
lib.desc {
	5 = TEXT
	5.value = <h1>
	10 = TEXT
	10.value = {$title}:
	10.wrap = <span class="desc"> | </span>
	20 = TEXT
	20.value = &nbsp;{field:subtitle // TSFE:page|title}
	20.insertData = 1
	25 = TEXT
	25.value = </h1>
	}

It does not display the title of the tt_news article, but the pagetitle
of the page where the single display of tt_news is on.

So I use an exception for that page and use Guido's part

20=RECORDS
     20 {
		source = {GPvar:tx_ttnews|tt_news}
		source.insertData = 1
		tables = tt_news
		conf.tt_news >
		conf.tt_news = TEXT
		conf.tt_news.field=title
		}

And according to the Typoscript Object Browser [substitutePagetitle]=1
is allready set default. So no need to set it manually in TS again?

However on older sites (older version of tt_news, same version of TYPO3,
4.16) this allways was enough for showing the tt_news title :

20.value = &nbsp;{page|title}

grts