[TYPO3] Funny prob 4.2 with TV (upgraded from 416)

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Sat May 31 14:06:13 CEST 2008

Hi!

Costa Papadopoulo wrote:
> I upgraded my 4.1.6 Typo3 to 4.2, everything with upgrade wizard.
> I also upgraded TV, so everything's uptodate.
>
> In my 4.1.6 Version when an element, e.g. header was filled (header and
> subheader) it was displayed in the FE and also in the "Page" overview in BE.
>
> Now after update, in the BE overview the contents of header is displayed.
> When I open the contentelement header and subheader field are empty.
>
> Even When I fill them and save, after reopening the textfields are empty and
> nothing is displayed in the FE.
> Seems like TV is comletely screwed up?

TV does not render fields in BE. TYPO3 core does. TV only gives you mapping interface and Frontend rendering (even that happens together with CSS styled content).

 This was changed in 4.2I guess the problem is with character sets. Are you entering any non-english symbols? and some people experienced problems because their database character set was not compatible with what they enter in BE forms.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team