[TYPO3] Cache clearing for content editors

Pascal Cramer pascal at NOSPAMroguesheep.nl
Sat May 31 00:11:54 CEST 2008

Lucas Thurston wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm just wondering if anyone has found a solution that they are pleased
> with to give cache-clearing access to non-admins. I know there are a few
> extensions that do this but I haven't found one that really felt quite
> right.
>
> Ideally, I'd like to be able to let the content editors clear the page
> cache for pages they have access to using the little lightning bolt at
> the top right (in 4.2).
>
> Additionally, it'd be great if there was some way to have the tt_news
> list page clear when changes are made to a news record or category in
> the news storage folder (to prevent the need to clear the page cache).
>
> I'm not making feature requests, just talking dreams, hopes, and
> wondering what solutions other people have found for this type of
> situation.
>
> best,
> Lucas

Hi Lucas,

the page cache is cleared when changing the content of a page and if you put the
following line in the TSconfig of the sys folder holding the tt_news records:
   TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd = pid_list

the cache of the pages by 'pid_list' (comma separated page ids) indicated will
be cleared when making changes in records in the storage folder.

Pascal