[TYPO3] naw_securedl extension question

Mauro Lorenzutti mauro.lorenzutti at webformat.com
Fri May 30 15:39:40 CEST 2008

Hi Ilaria,

> Apologies for this new post.
>
> I think I didn't understand this extension at all.
>
> I have in my server a physical directory to be protected containing
> several files.
> So it is present in secureDirs field of the extension.
>
> Now, I have pages with restricted access to a particular front end group.
>
> In the documentation I didn't read anything about secure folder.
>
> So can you help me to find the tie : URL conversion - physical
> directories - FE group
>
> Sorry, but the documentation is not very clear.
>
> Many thanks

In this case I suggest you to follow this strategy:

- install DAM extension and all required extensions
- upload all your confidential documents in a fileadmin subfolder (let's
say fileadmin/docs)
- use the filelink content element to provide links to that files paying
attention to use DAM field instead of default one (this is important
because creates a direct link to the files stored in fileadmin/docs,
instead of copying them in uploads and linking the copy)
- install and configure naw_secure
- protect via htaccess the fileadmin/docs folder (you can use kw_secdir
extension)

I think this should work.

Ciao,

--