[TYPO3] Problem with Multi-domains.. Help?

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri May 30 15:09:53 CEST 2008

Hi!

James Calhoun wrote:
> I am attempting to get a 2nd site live in Typo3 but the 1st site in the
> page tree is loading on all domains.

<skip>

> The .htaccess file seems to be redirecting correctly:
> www.site1.com -> www.site1.com/html
> test.site2.com -> test.site2.com/html

This is unusual. Why do you need such redirection? It does not add any value for your web sites, only adds junk segment to URL.

> But it seems no matter what I try, both
> www.site1.com/html
> and
> test.site2.com/html
> display the 1st site in the page tree.
>
> It just appears that my Typo3 domain records are ineffective.

Domain record just tells that such domain exists in the tree but it is not the only thing to make multidomain setup.

> Is there anything anyone can think of that might be causing this?

It seems that your second site is not seen as web site by TYPO3. Please, check the following:
- you have root TS template on the root page of the second site
- you have "Is site root?" checked in page properties of the root page of the second site.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team