[TYPO3] Error generated by Typo3 4.1.6 (CoolURI)

Christopher Torgalson bedlamhotel at gmail.com
Thu May 29 00:31:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:14 AM, lesm <nospam at please.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Typo3 is generating an entry at the Apache Error Log as follows
> "File does not exist: /public_html/dir/typo3temp/javascript_8d985c2683.js"
> "File does not exist:
> /public_html/dir1/dir2/typo3temp/javascript_8d985c2683.js"
>
> (Note the /dir/ and /dir1/dir2)
>
> Facts:
> -The file '/root/typo3temp/javascript_8d985c2683.js' already exists in
> my site
> -The rendered pages are fine and without errors.
> -The Apache Error Log shows the error that repeats over and over again.
> -The error is generated at the FE only.
> - /dir/ or /dir1/dir2/ are any valid dir(s) in the site and in the URL's
> generated by CoolURI
> - The /typo3temp/ dir is in the site's root and not below /dir/ or below
> /dir1/dir2/ or whatever as shown in the Error Log.
> -The content of 'javascript_8d985c2683.js' belongs to
> class.tslib_pagegen.php

I've seen this recently on one site. It's some kind of attack--I don't
know what exactly it's trying to exploit, or whether it's just meant
as a DNS attempt. In the case I saw, we were alerted by a sudden spike
in bandwidth usage.

TYPO3-wise, I'd double-check that all your extensions are up-to-date,
and after that, I'd see about blocking the requests at the source--we
had thousands of these requests and it ate up a lot of bandwidth.

--
Christopher Torgalson
http://www.typo3apprentice.com/