[TYPO3] Replace images used in pages

J. Rinck jr at modan.ch
Thu May 29 12:01:25 CEST 2008

Joerg Wagner wrote:
> Yes, I agree. This technique is rather unsatisfactory.

It is indeed unsatisfactory.

Is there any solution yet? Using the DAM? How do You deal with - say -
having to replace one File over an entire site.

Scenario:
A PDF has to be replaced and the old Version needs to be removed
completely. The old version must not be found anymore. On none of the
possibly many pages where it is referenced. All References must be
updated and all files in the uploads-folder must be replaced. All
existing filenames in the uploads-folder must then point to the new File
in case they have been indexed by external Search engines. The page
cache for all Pages with a reference to the old PDF must then be deleted.

Seems like a pretty common scenario to me - how would you do that then?

Best regards, J. Rinck