[TYPO3] Installing New Version of Extension Removes many others?

bernd wilke xoonsji02 at sneakemail.com
Tue May 27 13:59:17 CEST 2008

on Tue, 27 May 2008 10:36:22 +0300, Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> Hi!
>
> James Calhoun wrote:
>> Today I installed the new realURL extension and I noticed that all of
>> the following extensions were uninstalled:
>>
>> DirectMail 2.5.4
>> Extension Kickstarter 0.3.8
>> tt_address 2.2.1
>> Rgaccordion 1.1.1
>> 2 Custom Extensions (made to extend tables for sr_feuser)
>>
>> Possibly a few others were uninstalled as well.
>>
>> I had this problem before, where I updated an extension and my
>> "randomimages" extension was removed.
>>
>> Anyone ever see this?
>
> Yes... I saw this too. But it happens randomly, not with RealURL, and I
> could not fetch any pattern. Sometimes it is not uninstalling but like
> installing has no effect: clicking Install but it is not installed.
> Really weird thing.

maybe the ExtensionManager has some problems modifying localconf.php?
as installing means modifying the line
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['EXT']['extList'] = '....'
the EM has to read this line, modify and rewrite it.
sometimes a line has to be copied from static area (before "## INSTALL
SCRIPT EDIT POINT TOKEN - all lines after this points may be changed by
the install script!") and the line shows twice with differnt values.
and sometimes a line is more than twice in localconf.php.

changes like this get a comment or the existing comment is modified.
therefore the EM searches for the string '//'.
But there may be some lines with http://www.... and the commenting is
modified in a wrong way.

maybe there are some sideeffects on modifying the list of installed
extensions?
maybe the writes get scrambeled?

bernd