[TYPO3] a thought about security announcements and automatic security alert

Krystian Szymukowicz typo3RE.MO.VE. at RE.MO.VE.prolabium.com
Tue May 27 10:41:33 CEST 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
 > Benjamin Mack wrote:
 >> Please contact the security team for that:
 >> http://typo3.org/teams/security/contact-us/
 >
 > As far as I know they are overloaded with work. It is better to
propose them something real (like a plan) instead of general ideas.

So can we make together a little more specific plan before I will send
an email to them?

Writing proper extension wouldn't be a problem. I can take care of that.

The only thing to figure out is format of the file.

Below just my propose.

ext_key; constrains ; security_bulletin_number

Constrains can be:
1) all below and this, for example:
    =<4.0.6

2) a list of comma separated values
    4.06,4.03,4.01

So it would be something as simple as:

sg_zfelib;=<1.1.512;TYPO3-20080527-2
kj_imagelightbox2;=<1.4.2;TYPO3-20080527-1
air_filemanager;=<0.6.0;TYPO3-20080515-2

etc.

I can make such initial list.

Anyone have some better idea how it should looks like? Is there need for
more information? Put it into XML?

I think the file should be as little as possible, because it will be
fetched quite often. Zip it?

--
grtz
Krystian Szymukowicz