[TYPO3] noWrapAttr for form textareas seems not working ...

Giannis Economou gecon at di.uoa.gr
Mon May 26 12:10:59 CEST 2008

Hello..

I'm running TYPO3 4.1.5 and I'm trying to disable the wrap attribute of
textareas of a generic mail form (to validate against xhtml).
Unfortunately, the required TS configuration does not seem to work.
In TSOB I can see the value I've set, as:
tt.content.mailform.20.noWrapAttr = 1

The textarea is defined as follows in form configuration (on the c.e.):
Message* | address=textarea,40,5

In typo3_src-4.1.5/typo3/sysext/cms/tslib/class.tslib_content.php (7524)
I can see the right code:
                                                $wrap=trim($fParts[3]);
                                                if ($conf['noWrapAttr']
|| $wrap === 'disabled')        {
                                                        $wrap='';
                                                } else {
                                                        $wrap = $wrap ?
' wrap="'.$wrap.'"' : ' wrap="virtual"';
                                                }

but it's like the $conf['noWrapAttr'] is ignored.

Of course I've cleared cache.
The wrap="virtual" is not removed.

I also tried to set for the form:
Message* | address=textarea,40,5, disabled
and I just get: wrap="disabled" in the final html.

Thank you.

Best regards,
Giannis