[TYPO3] entering/editing/retrieving and presenting information about hotels - address extensions, or new IRRE extension?

Cate & Peter catepeter at optusnet.com.au
Sun May 25 14:18:48 CEST 2008

Hi all

I have a question, that I think is unfortunately limited by my TS illiterate
brain :-)

I want to be able to connect tables with information about hotels with pages
with fairly simply URLs. I want the information to be basically searchable
(ie to obtain a listing of hotels that are adults only, which is obviously a
Yes/No field, or in a particular location, for which I would use
static_information tables). It also needs to contain Null/Not Null fields
for facilities, such as "kitchen", etc, and star ratings.

I could use something like the addresses type of extension (which I haven't
tried) . but not sure how I would add a list of Null/Not Null fields, and
also not sure how to keep URLs simple and relevant (ie,
Country/City/HotelName ).

Or I could investigate using IRRE in a new extension - but then I am
completely ignorant and illiterate about creating extensions.

The one thing I understand well is Database design and normalisation :-)

Any suggestions?

Cate Deans Smith