[TYPO3] Wec_map extension and tt_news

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Sun May 25 03:05:25 CEST 2008

In article
<mailman.1.1211665304.3148.typo3-english at lists.netfielders.de>
BertHiddink <hiddink at bendoo.com> wrote:
>  Hello,

>  Could I use/adapt this extension to map tt_news items, that is,
> connect it to the table tt_news (or only to the fe_user and
> address-tables) and show these items on a Google map?

>  Thanks in advance!
Bert,

You're probably better off getting wec_map support on the
webempoweredchurch.com forums. I monitor those more frequently than
the lists. That said, yes, you can map anything that has address data
associated with it. You just need to add TCA information to the
extension, either as a patch to the extension author or you could make
your own that just adds TCA entries. You would need to make it look
somewhat like this:$TCA['fe_users']['ctrl']['EXT']['wec_map'] = array (
		'isMappable' => 1,
		'addressFields' => array (
			'street' => 'address',
			'city' => 'city',
			'state' => 'zone',
			'zip' => 'zip',
			'country' => 'static_info_country',
		),
);

This is for the fe_users table, so adjust it accordingly. That just
tells it that it's mappable and the database fields that are
associated with street, city, state, zip, and country. Once you do
that, it should show up in the WEC Table Map for you to select.

Christoph

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 348 days.
You should really try it!