[TYPO3] Read-only pages as templates?

Mike fromlists at talkingspider.com
Thu May 22 21:37:41 CEST 2008

Here's what we have:

We have a big site with lots of pages, mostly all static content, all in
  typo3. (TYPO3 4.1.2).

We have about 10 administrators with accounts, who have the ability to
log in to the typo3 admin and edit the pages of their own branch of the
page tree, only.

What we want to add is this-

We want the granddaddy admin to be able to create pages in typo3 that
the other admins can make copies of.  Kind of like templates.  So, any
of the 9 other admins can see these pages and make copies of them into
their own branch and then edit the copies.  But not edit the originals.

Is there like a plugin that does something like this?  Or do you have
any advice, thanks.

dw