[TYPO3] TV: How to create different page templates

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Wed May 21 19:06:42 CEST 2008

 Hy Michael;
> I've taken a closer look at it. You say that I'll have to copy the complete DS and remove those nodes which shouldn't be changed.
> So I remove the fields (field nodes) only but leave the rest of the DS structure intact or is the xml of a single field enough?

  No, that's what I say here:
>  It's like layering the XMLs over each other, so you only need a
> complete XML-sub-structure (or sub-tree), not just the partial area.
 Which means you need the whole XML-skeleton around your change:

<T3DataStructure>
    <ROOT type="array">
        <el type="array">
            <field_frame type="array">
                <tx_templavoila type="array">
                    <description>In this little example we change the
desciption to look different from what has been defined in the
DS.</description>
                </tx_templavoila>
            </field_frame>
        </el>
    </ROOT>
</T3DataStructure>

It is a bit of work and it may appear redundant, but without the correct
context the change is sort of ... where?
This is not sufficient:

<description>In this little example we change the desciption to look
different from what has been defined in the DS.</description>

You know, having 20 fields, which fields description does it change?
Be aware that if you intent to change the <Typoscript>-node that you
have to give the complete TS-code, not just a "10.sortBy = importance",
the overlay is not going to disassemble your TS-array.

Ciao
    Niels