[TYPO3] content_fallback message

G.Unger skyfreak1 at gmx.net
Wed May 21 15:38:38 CEST 2008

hi oliver

first of all thx for your comments and sorry for the late reply.

I am aware of dmmjobbcontrol not beeing translated yet to italian, but
this is not the problem, sorry my mistake - I think you got me wrong.
I would love to have a setting equally to tt_news - sth. like
plugin.tx_dmmjobcontrol_pi1.sys_language_mode = strict - but figured
out it is not implemented. thx anway

> [globalVar = GP:L > 0]
>   tt_content.stdWrap.preCObject = TEXT
>   tt_content.stdWrap.preCObject {
>     if.isFalse.field = _LOCALIZED_UID
>   }
> [end]

this is more sth. I look for, but seems not to work :(

Let me try to explain it mor in detail:

The setup is as mentioned a TV one-tree-multi-language-concept. the
default language "0" is english, second is german "1" third is french
"2" (and there are some more). I integrated the snippet into the main
templates TS setup and have the following TS above it:

config.linkVars = L(1-2)
config.uniqueLinkVars = 1

config.sys_language_mode = content_fallback ; 1,0
config.sys_language_overlay = hideNonTranslated

## default english
config.sys_language_uid = 0
config.locale_all = en_GB.UTF-8
config.metaCharset = utf-8
config.language = en

## german
[globalVar = GP:L = 1]
config.sys_language_uid = 1
config.metaCharset = utf-8
config.locale_all = de_DE.UTF-8
config.language = de
[global]

## french
[globalVar = GP:L = 2]
config.sys_language_uid = 2
config.locale_all = fr_FR.UTF-8
config.metaCharset = utf-8
config.language = fr
[global]

if I create now a content element only in german (not the default
language) and do not translate it to english or french, than on
english and french pages the german content should be shown an
aditionally the "fallback message" to show the user, that
unfortunately the content is not yet available in the requested
language.

meanwhile I doubt that this is possible at all :(

rgds,
GUIDO