[TYPO3] TV: How to create different page templates

Niels Fröhling niels.froehling at adsignum.com
Tue May 20 19:11:30 CEST 2008

Hy;
> With different TOs for the same DS I'm not able to give them individual TypoScript to select content for the zones.

 You can overwrite the complete and parts of the DS's XML with 'Local
XML Processing' (edit the Template's Record).
 It's like layering the XMLs over each other, so you only need a
complete XML-sub-structure (or sub-tree), not just the partial area.
Copy your DSs XML, eliminate all nodes you don't want to change and
change those left.
> Creating a new DS/TO pair for each individual layout creates a lot of overhead as the basic structure is the same on all pages.

 Obvious. :-)
> Thx for all inpout on this problem.

 No problem.
    Niels