[TYPO3] Extension TCA fields... uploading images and resizing them?

Andrew Plank plankmeister at hotmail.com
Tue May 20 10:42:33 CEST 2008

bernd wilke wrote:

> as this question raised a few times the last year and a customer
> requested this for his website I did a modification to the extension
> cwt_community (diff send to ext-developer). The central part of this
> change you can find at http://www.pi-phi.de/t3v4/177.html.

Hi Bernd,

Thanks for your reply! That code looks very useful.

My main issue though is somehow hooking in to the file upload process.
When a user clicks the "save" icon, or the "save and close" (you get the
idea) the file upload is handled internally by Typo3. Do you know how to
grab this process to allow me to run it through my own function, which
would then call yours?

Or... do you have any links/further reading I can investigate?

I tried looking at the way Typo3 handles it internally, but after 4
hours of digging the source, I was none-the-wiser.

Hoping you (or even someone else!) can shed some light on this seemingly
  very mysterious process...

Kind regards,

//Plankmeister