[TYPO3] TV: How to create different page templates

James Walters james at oldchap.cymru247.net
Mon May 19 16:18:10 CEST 2008

Without knowing which documentation you have read ('Futuristic
Template Building'?) or which versions of TemplaVoila and Typo3 you
are working with (things look a bit different in recent versions) and
how far you have got setting up your site, Michael, it is hard to know
what to say.

It sounds as though you have mapped your html template in TV and
created a TO/DS in which your 'zones' have been mapped to contain
'content elements'. So every page you create which inherits that, when
viewed in the Web > Page module, will display your 'zones' by name and
you'll be able to insert any content elements you want into them
there. But that's only if you have done some other things you haven't
mentioned. Have you, for instance:

1	selected the "Page Template Structure' and then 'Use Template
Design' (which you've just created) from the pull-down selectors in
your site root page's 'propperties'?
(Go to Web>Page, select the root page in the pagetree, click on the
'Edit page properties' pencil icon)

2	selected 'CSS Styled Content' in the site root page template record?
(Go to Web > Template, select the root page in the pagetree, 'click
here to edit whole template record', scroll down to 'Include static
(from extensions)', select 'CSS Styled Content' in righthand window)

3	Have you added the following TS somewhere in the 'Setup' window of
the same template record?

page = PAGE
page.typeNum = 0
page.10 = USER
page.10.userFunc = tx_templavoila_pi1->main_page

I hope this helps

James