[TYPO3] [Typo3] How to remove or hide the header of page-content (search orpoll plugin)?

James Calhoun James.Calhoun at secude.com
Mon May 19 11:24:36 CEST 2008

This is partly a rant... but I really do have the same question here and
this is one of the things that drives me crazy...  a basic thing like
"How do you remove or hide the header of page content" takes hours to
find an answer for.

For the record, I have installed and configured RealURL, tt_news,
TemplaVoila, sr_feuser, etc etc etc... so I have been through A LOT as a
newbie. But when I find this old post and the only response is this, it
drives me mad:

Ever read some documentation?

Well, yes, in fact, not sure about the original poster, but I have 14
manuals on my computer, including the TSRef, TypoScript by Example and
the purchased eBook "Typo3" (I want my money back).

You could easily find something like "type" for the header

What "type" are you referring to? The "type" of page content? In this
example, it is insert plugin...  I want to hide the header of a
particular content element, regardless of type, and I think having the
BE display [no title] next to content elements is not good.

When you click on the selectbox...

Huh? What? What Selectbox?

..you will know which "type" to set to hide the header

again, what? type? how? Where? I should know this as long as I have ever
read some documentation?!?!?

Im still learning Typoscript, but I suspect that this answer is
something that can be defined on a Page by Page basis in the TypoScript
Setup field when editing a page.

I have tried such things as

lib.stdheader >, lib.stdheader.10 > ... playing around in the constant
editor, and a dozen different similar things, just to experiment and see
if there is  a simple way to prevent the header from showing.

So my question is, to be clear....

Anyone know what I can do to hide the text of content header in the
front end?

Joey

Don't get me wrong Joey, I really appreciate when people respond to
these lists trying to help, but I really feel like there is a recurring
theme of people saying "RTM" as if the manuals are ever comprehensive.
I am sure this type of thing is easy as pie and anyone could easily
respond "yeah, just add "XYZ" to the "Some Field" of the "Some Page" in
the "Some Module" and you're in business. That one learning would
probably leap frog me past 10 more hurdles.

Im sure for a lot of people this is a total newbie question... but for
newbies... its not. Its our whole day.

Thanks all,

James

James Calhoun