[TYPO3] content fallback; 1,0 issue

Alessandro Tuveri at at uniud.it
Sun May 18 17:27:19 CEST 2008

Hi list,
recently I tried to activate content fallback and learning I  noted that:

1. the guide reports this syntax: content-fallback: 1,0 - several
examples found online reports the separator as ';' - content_fallback;
1,0

2. the localization guide downloaded from typo3.org reports and
example with 3 languages (1st: danish, second: english, third: russian).
Well I downloaded and installed typo3 4.2.0 and try it with 3 languages.

This is what occurs:

* the localization guide says that if (I suppose...) there is a page
for each language and the content doesn't exists for the 3rd language
(russian) TYPO3 shift to the content (i.e. text content) of the second
language (english) to display it. I noted that this doesn't work;
instead of english language TYPO3 displays the related content of the
1st language.

* it seems that the content_fallback; 1,0 works fine only if the 3rd
page (in the example) doesn't exists. In this case TYPO3 works great
and the page displayed is in english.

So now my doubt is that TYPO3 content_fallback; 1,0 (maybe) doesn't
works for each single page-content. I don't know or I have
misinterpreted the guide above.

This is the snippet I used in TS (this configuration is for: 1st
language: it, second: en, third: de):

//settings per le lingue
page.config {
	sys_language_uid = 0
	sys_language_mode = content_fallback ; 1,0
	sys_language_overlay = 1
	sys_language_content = 1
	language = it
	locale_all = it_IT