[TYPO3] captcha doesn'work with sr_feuserregister

Erik Svendsen erik at linnearad.no
Thu May 15 21:36:33 CEST 2008

Hello Alessandro,

> Hi buddies,
> for security reasons I've updated my site (4.1.5) to the latest
> version of
> user register as:
> sr_feuser_register 2.2.8
> sr_freecap 0.4.6
> the previous version worked correctly, displaying CAPTCHA images, but
> since today all markers are displayed (fx. ###SR_FREECAP_IMAGE### )
>
> Template file, constants, etc. are the same and no modifications was
> made.
>
> The documentation of the two extensions seem to be incomplete (non
> references to this problem).
>
> Someone have got the same problem?!? Please help... thank you

First, why are you using version 2.2.8 of sr_feuser_register when latest
version is 2.5.8, and version 0.4.6 of sr_freecap when latest version is
0.4.6.

But that is probably not the problem. I remember I had to change markers
when upgrading sr_freecap used together with another extensions some time
ago. It is can't remember the exact problem, but it was a slight change in
the <!--###CAPTCHA_INSERT### this subpart is removed if CAPTCHA is not enabled!
--> text. Yes, i found it, I had to use SR_FREECAP_INSERT instead of what
the manual tells.

I can't be sure if this is the problem, but you can try.

But I will also advice you to upgrade to 2.5.9 and 1.0.3.

WBR,
Erik Svendsen
www.linnearad.no