[TYPO3] multilanguage external url redirection from menu

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Thu May 15 12:52:27 CEST 2008

Hi,

>> IIRC this was introduced in 4.2. Which verison are you using?

Sorry I can't seem to find the reference anymore. I think a patch was
submitted, but apparently not committed. The problem is that the
Alternative Page Language would have to be aware of the doktype of the
page it is related to, which is currently not feasible in TCA/TCEFORM.
Without that knowledge, the url fields would be visible all the time in
all the Alternative Page Language records.

I think it should be possible to add translation fields for those values
using the TCA and defining their overlay properly. Then you would have
to make sure that whatever menu you set up using such pages uses the
rights variables in its TypoScript set up.

This is just a pointer, I don't really have time to dig deeper into that
now. Have you checked in the TER if there's not already an extension
doing that?

HTH

--

Francois Suter