[TYPO3] avoid duplicate content with TYPO3

Roman Macko macko at dimension17.sk
Wed May 14 23:27:16 CEST 2008

Henrik Andersen - CONFERO wrote:
> Hi List
>
> Is there any way to avoid the url: index.php?id=??? -  for instance if
> realurl is enabled?
>
> I would say this is a bug in TYPO3 when index.php?id=34 and /contact/
> points to the same content (duplicate content).
>
> Maybe there is a way to disable index.php?id=??, but I don't know how.
>
> If there is no way to do this - maybe the realurl extension could take
> care of this somehow? (anyway - it is an idea for improvement).

Hi Henrik,

I personally use CoolURI, and there is configuration parameter:

config.redirectOldLinksToNew = 1

It automatically redirects old "ugly" (index.php?id=xx) to a new "nice"
(contact/) URIs, through 301 (or 302) redirect.

And this is OK for google, because he indexing only final "targeted"
URIs.

I believe there must be some similar feature for RealURL.

If your old URIs are already automatically redirected to new URIs, then
I recomend you to check if there is proper redirect (301 or 302), you
can do it throught some free tool:
http://www.google.com/search?q=301+redirect+check

Regards,
Roman