[TYPO3] mb-string-warnings

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Wed May 14 09:50:42 CEST 2008

Hi!

Peter Guhl wrote:
> A possible cure is said to be to remove the overloading of the mb_
> functions, with the code I posted in the last thread. Since on most
> hosted sites you cannot alter the PHP setup, this is often settable in a
> .htaccess file.

TYPO3 does not work correctly if such overloading is enabled. This is the first thing. It must be off for TYPO3.

> As I stated: I already *did* that. There are fewer errors now, but they
> aren't gone.

Have you tried looking again if it is turned on?

> I wouldn't ask if I hadn't already tried all I found on google!
>
> What I can't do: Update PHP. But since I have been running egroupware
> for years on debian without having the error and since the egroupware
> from the debian repository doesn't show it either (while the plain
> vanilla sources from egroupware and typo3 and phpmyadmin do) I am just
> lost (and apparently my hosting provider is too).

Google shows PHP bug for it. It seems that error happens under certain conditions only, like "strstr('', '')". If I were you, I would try to find when, where and why it happens.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team