[TYPO3] mb-string-warnings

Peter Guhl peter.guhl at win-lux.ch
Wed May 14 07:56:20 CEST 2008

Hello all

I geht those warnings at our homepage www.win-lux.ch:
*Warning*: mb_strstr() [function.mb-strstr
<http://www.win-lux.ch/function.mb-strstr>]: Empty haystack in
*/var/www/domains/www.win-lux.ch/typo3conf/temp_CACHED_ps7648_ext_localconf.php*
on line *245*

*Warning*: mb_strstr() [function.mb-strstr
<http://www.win-lux.ch/function.mb-strstr>]: Empty haystack in
*/var/www/domains/www.win-lux.ch/typo3conf/temp_CACHED_ps7648_ext_localconf.php*
on line *247*
**
I already turned off "php_value mbstring.func_overload" in .htaccess.
That helped for a while but now there must have been a change in the
webserver (update or whatever) and the error comes back. It has a couple
of side-effects too like that some HTML-tags get written to the page
instead of interpreted.

The same errors occur with the eGroupWare and phpMyAdmin-Installations
at this server. Therefore I guess it's basically a server problem (and
doesn't depend much on the typo3-version etc.). But the server admins
are looking for it for a couple of days now without finding anything but
things which make it worse. Does anybody here know something about this
problem?

Regards
     Peter

--