[TYPO3] Typo3-charset or mysql-UTF-8-problem

Alexander Maringer typo3 at maringer-it.de
Wed May 14 04:15:46 CEST 2008

Hi Dmitry,

I set everything to the appropriate values.

Now the db-value is the name including special chars: 'test_gazinasıroğlu'

The Mysql-Log includes the name without special chars:
INSERT INTO fe_users (username,password,...)
VALUES ('test_gazinasıroÄlu','9fe22d5a275bf2b894d4a918f34847d7',...)

I think, that the select-statement does not get the right data row.
The fe_users row has as lastlogin and is_online a zero.

So, I dont' think, that the "SET NAMES utf8" is the solution.

Which is the base function for the login process? Than I will try to debug.

Have a nice evening

Alexander