[TYPO3] trying to customize a default system translation

Lucas Thurston lucas at castironcoding.com
Tue May 13 18:33:22 CEST 2008

Editing the locallang XML is not the solution. Changing that language
would require setting a value in TypoScript, not TSConfig.   Either the
language label can be changed or the TypoScript configuration of the
tt_content plugin can be modified to use some alternate, hardcoded
language (but this is not a great option).

Changing a language label for a plugin usually looks like this:

plugin.tx_blahblah_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.default.languageKey = New Language Value

In this case, because the language key has a . in it: label.toTop, I'm
not entirely sure if the TS snippet below will work.  Anyone know?

plugin.tx_cssstyledcontent_pi1._LOCAL_LANG.default.label.toTop = Go back
up to the top!

One could also change the TypoScript that references this label, but I
think that's generally considered a bad choice.

Here's what the line looks like now:

tt_content.stdWrap.innerWrap2 = | <p class="csc-linkToTop"><a
href="#">{LLL:EXT:css_styled_content/pi1/locallang.xml:label.toTop}</a></p>

You would replace the {LLL:EXT:css_styled_content....} with your
language in a TypoScript template.

Lucas