[TYPO3] implementing hooks

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue May 13 07:35:01 CEST 2008

Παναγιώτης Κονταξής wrote:
> To implement an available hook I have to create a new extension.
> In kickstarter wizard I added a record only in General Info section (not in
> New Database Tables or Frontend plugins etc) and then I wrote and installed
> the new extension.
> Then I created the ext_localconf.php file manually (kickstarter didn't
> create this file) in extension's folder and I added this line (as I read in
> extension's manual)

Kickstarter generates this file only if it has something to put to it.

> $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['wfqbe']['preProcessQueryStructure'][]='EXT:hookextension/res/class.tx_wfqbe_preprocessquery.php:tx_wfqbe_preprocessquery';
> Finally I created the class.tx_wfqbe_preprocessquery.php in
> /typo3conf/ext/hookextension/res folder (with copy paste from wfqbe's
> manual)

Cannot tell exactly what the problem are but at least you use wrong names. tx_wfqbe_preprocessquery name can be used only inside wfqbe extension because it has "tx_wfqbe_" prefix. You should have your own name that includes your extension key. Also "res/" is usually used for html/image files, not for PHP files.

You may want to check where have you put this file. Make sure that path is correct.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team