[TYPO3] Realurl not working in one typo3 installation, yet working in another on the same domain.

Vincent Mans typo3.vincnet at gmail.com
Tue May 13 00:06:33 CEST 2008

Hello, thanks for the reply...

> Vincent Mans wrote:
> > Question: do the paths redirect to the id now, like "
> > http://www.domain.tld/23/"? Because in my case, the paths are correctly
> > stored in the table with the readable url, but the links and menus in the
> > frontend website contain the id. So pages are not found and the error
> > appears.
>
> It means rootpage_id is not correct. Which is the same as you have no
> configuration for this web site.

The rootpage is correct, why wouldn't it be? The rootpage is the page where
the website starts and the domain record is stored. (it will become a multi
site tree)

> > Using a fixed of auto configuration doesn't make a difference.
> Rootpage_id
> > is set, but whatever the settings are, this seem to make no difference.
> It
> > looks like the RealURL extension is switched off.
>
> /23/ means it is on but not configured for this web site. This is default
> path from RealURL.

I should have said 'It looks like the configuration is not read' (checked
the permissions of course).

And there is some extra information:
* it worked fine, but after a page update all links were gone in the
frontend (and deeper links were gone later on)
** doing different settings for encode, decode, disable path cache make no
difference
*** the installation uses MySQL3.23 (!!) and so the SQL_NO_CACHE line is
commented out in the realurl php class => has this influences on the code on
other spots? We try to upgrade this old environment asap, but is it the
cause?

(by the way: I have no idea why my mail was sent double, it's from a gmail
account)