[TYPO3] Using levelfield in TMENU

Andreas Wagner andreas.wagner at klee.se
Mon May 12 23:20:23 CEST 2008

Hi list,

I want to modify the sitemap content element so that each branch of the
page tree has a different color. For this, my idea was to use a custom
field for the color in the page table, and use getData property
levelfield to add it to the menu. The problem is that levelfield in the
TMENU doesn't seem to fetch its data from the page being processed in
the menu, but from the current page.

This works:
tt_content.menu.20.2.1.NO.allWrap.field = tx_awaddcolortopages_menucolor

But not this:
tt_content.menu.20.2.1.NO.allWrap.data = levelfield: -1,
tx_awaddcolortopages_menucolor, slide

And off course I want the value to slide so that I don't have to set it
for every page in the page tree.

Does anyone know of a way to solve this?

Best regards,

Andreas Wagner