[TYPO3] implementing hooks

Παναγιώτης Κονταξής pkontaxi at gmail.com
Mon May 12 22:17:51 CEST 2008

Hello list,

To implement an available hook I have to create a new extension.
In kickstarter wizard I added a record only in General Info section (not in
New Database Tables or Frontend plugins etc) and then I wrote and installed
the new extension.
Then I created the ext_localconf.php file manually (kickstarter didn't
create this file) in extension's folder and I added this line (as I read in
extension's manual)
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['EXTCONF']['wfqbe']['preProcessQueryStructure'][]='EXT:hookextension/res/class.tx_wfqbe_preprocessquery.php:tx_wfqbe_preprocessquery';
Finally I created the class.tx_wfqbe_preprocessquery.php in
/typo3conf/ext/hookextension/res folder (with copy paste from wfqbe's
manual)

But hook function is never called by the extension!!

Can you help me find where is the fault, or can you tell me where can I find
a tutorial for newbies about hooks ? (I 'm not an extension developer).

Thank you.
Panagiotis

**